Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Final Frontier

As a lover, reader, and watcher of almost anything sci fi, I am absolutely fascinated by space. Many of the shows and movies I love (Doctor Who, Firefly, Star Trek, Star Wars) feature space and so I've actually learned a lot about it, which has just furthered my interest. I always complain to my sister how much I want to go to space but she says I'm  not smart enough to become an astronaut. I keep telling her one day there will be commercial flights to outer space and that I will be on one. 

So I was so excited to hear that the first commercial space flight will actually be a lot closer than I thought, taking flight just next year! Here is a quote from the University Herald article from September, which you can read here: "The SS2 is designed to take six passengers into suborbital space, an altitude of about 361,000 feet. Those on board will be able to see the curvature of the Earth and the deep dark blackness of space. So far, about 580 people have put down deposits to take the ride."

A ticket for a seat on the flight is only $250,000 (I say only sarcastically), which I will not be able to afford for a very very long while. But it's definitely still good to know that when I can, space will be waiting! 

The fashion industry has also been taking a cue from outer space as of late, with lots of galaxy-patterned merch. Here are some of my favourite space-inspired trends! PS. How beautiful is space???



 
                          Paper Blog                                         Top Shop

 
                            Luuux                                               Vivienne Westwood


                              Cichic                                                      Tokara



   
Zechia        

                                      



No comments:

Post a Comment