Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekend Highlights

Happy February everyone! I thought I'd just do a little post about what I've been up to this weekend to tide you over until my next blog post.

This week has been my first really big week at school since I've been back, since we were assigned a couple projects, so it's kind of finally hitting me that I have a whole other semester (and a spring course) to get through. So I was definitely in need of some cheering up and motivation.

Friday night I went over to my friend's for dinner, wine, and old movies. It was a great start to my weekend. We made fajitas with homemade guacamole, and for dessert, cappuccino frozen yogurt with fruit, reese's peanut butter and mint chocolate on top. Yummy.





On Saturday, my sister and I decided to go downtown, since she needed to scout some locations for an upcoming film project for school, during which I took the photos below around Commerce Court. The snow was falling and even though we got extremely wet an snowed on, the city is just so beautiful when it's snowing. At least it wasn't in the -20s like it has been lately.





And since we were downtown, who was I to say no to a little shopping while we were down there? The thing I realized about shopping after the holidays is that the really big sales actually happen around January/February. Everyone waits for Boxing Day for the really great sales and that's when most people will spend their money after shopping for holiday presents. But Boxing Day is really only the first day that merchandise gets marked down, and then whatever doesn't sell at the end of December, stays on sale until at least mid-February or until it's old out, getting marked down even further every few weeks. That's not to say that there are no good sales or promotions going on the day after Christmas (because there definitely is!), but next year give your bank account a break after holiday shopping and wait another month or so before grabbing up some great finds at amazing prices, including a Valentine's Day gift!

How was everyone's first weekend in Februrary?!

No comments:

Post a Comment