Friday, January 24, 2014

Girl's Day Out

Last Sunday the women on my mom's side of the family all celebrated my great aunt's 65th birthday together. The guest list consisted of my grandmother and her two sisters (my great aunts, one of whom it was her birthday celebration), my aunt (my mom's sister), my other aunt (my mom's sister-in-law) and her twin daughters (my cousins), and my sister, mom, and myself. It was all so lovely- the food was delicious, the atmosphere was light and fun, and it was a nice change of pace not having all the men there!

We started off with drinks and snacks, then headed to the dining room for lunch and then dessert. We ended the afternoon off by opening presents and sharing stories about family. It was the perfect day off from work, spent with the women of the family.




I decided to keep it simple with a white sleeveless blouse and emerald green textured pants. Since it's still January I decided to stay in a darker winter palette, but lately I've been feeling that spring is just around the corner (although now with the recent weather, I can't remember why), and so I decided to throw in a burst of cobalt blue in my shoes and purse. I also opted for a red lip, as that adds sophistication and style to any outfit.




Pants: Smart Set
Top: H&M
Necklace: Stella & Dot
Bracelet: H&M
Purse: Co-Lab via Capezio
Shoes: H&M
Lipstick: Cockney by MAC

No comments:

Post a Comment