Thursday, April 9, 2015

spring 2015 wish list


I've said multiple times how it's hard for me to choose between Spring and Autumn for which is my favourite season. In September, when I'm ready for the coats and scarves to be worn again, my favourite season is Fall. And in February/March when I just can't wait any longer to stop wearing my big, puffy winter coat, I insist that Spring is my favourite.

Especially after the winter we've had, I am so ready for it to warm up (which it finally seems to be doing, though just in small bursts) and for flats and delicate skirts to emerge from my closet again! This list is a combination of pieces I want, pieces I already have, and pieces I think should be in every woman's closets this Spring.


1. Tea Length Skirt: Get The Looks
I've basically said all I need to about tea length skirts in this post, and I'm probably at my quota for the season, but I'm still not over my obsession with these skirts and so I really wanted to include them in this wish list. I'm loving a skirt in a basic colour and pattern, to be paired with a bright or colourful top in the later spring and summer.

2. Nude Boots: Michael Kors
My boots are always black. I do have a brown pair of Chelseas, and burgundy- and camel-coloured pairs of heeled booties, but other than that all of my boots are black. They are all fairly different, but my problem is that when I don't want to incorporate black in my outfit (it's rare, but I've been trying to get out of my comfort zone of wearing at least some black), I'm pretty much SOL. Yes, I have sandals and flats that are nude or even brightly coloured, but what about something neutral for when it's still a tad chilly for exposed skin?

3. Jumpsuit: Topshop
For my Spring 2014 wish list I mentioned how I'd been coveting a simple, long, black jumpsuit. And now that I have one (ok, I have two of them), I've really been eyeing some printed and colourful ones for 2015. Although you wouldn't be able to wear this particular jumpsuit to all the places you would a basic black one, it's still super fun and something different.

4. Drapey Trench Coat: River Island
If you've been keeping up with my My City Gossip articles, you know that one of my favourite jackets this season is a drapey trench coat (read the article here). I'm coveting a short one in a classic beige colour that can be worn with jeans and a T, or a pencil skirt and sweater for the office.Fringe 

5. Leopard Bag: Dolce & Gabbana
Especially in a style that is so on trend, like this circle one, a leopard bag holds endless outfit possibilities. Throw it on with light jeans and a black leather jacket for a casual daytime look, or with skinny jeans and a silk sleeveless blouse for a night out. And because of the colouring I can wear it into the Fall too!

6. Pink Moto Jacket: Elizabeth and James
At first on my list I had a pink or camel coat, since those are the colours I'm especially loving for coats this season. But I've been seeing so many pink moto jackets that I wanted to get a little more specific. I've come to regard pink as a neutral colour (you might too), so it's not like this would be a crazy and impractical investment.

7. Distressed Denim: River Island
Ripped jeans are the new regular jeans. I have more distressed denim in my closet than any other type of pant or bottom in general (shorts, skirts), and I can honestly say I could wear them everyday of my life. Ripped jeans are no longer for high school students to wear with hoodies. I see older women, and even professional women wearing ripped jeans everyday, and pulling them off perfectly. I wish I could say there was one perfect pair of ripped jeans out there for every occasion, but if you are going to invest in just one pair this season, I would make it a darker blue in a skinny boyfriend cut.

8. Fringe Skirt: Avenue 32
After all those fringe skirts on the runways back in October, I'd have to be crazy not to want one. Paired with a basic white T for something more casual, or with a tight crop top and statement necklace for something a little fancier. And after all the fringe still on the Fall/Winter 2015 runways last month, this purchase will definitely take me right into the cooler weather again. I love a classic black one that will last me through the seasons and is super versatile.

9. The Perfect Statement Necklace: Nocturne
Requirements: Will match with almost any outfit I want to put it with, and includes between one and three spring colours. I don't mean that the necklace has to go with every outfit I pick out, but that it will be effortless to put it with something (that's my definition of perfect). The tricky part about colour is that the more colours in the necklace, the more it will match with, but also the more memorable it will be and less often you might want to wear it. Opt for light, but still pretty colours like this one to defeat that problem!

A good way to limit your spring wish list (I'm not saying you'll buy every piece on the list, but still) is to determine if you'll be able to mix and match outfits with almost everything on the list. If you're going to invest in lots of new pieces (most of which are probably very trendy, and may only last for another season or two), you'll want to get the most wear out of them that you possibly can. Pick items that you can pair with basics for every season (like a plain white T or black denim).

No comments:

Post a Comment