Thursday, May 7, 2015

mamma mia X inglot


Apologies for being so MIA lately, but as you recall I've been going through some transitions and have had to put some stuff on the back burner (mostly writing). But I am starting to get back into the swing of things, and you can count on at least some posts coming to you over the next few weeks. But the first post back I wanted to share with you was the Mamma Mia X Inglot Gimme! Gimme! Glitter Collection launch event I went to on Tuesday.

Being a huge fan of Mamma Mia! (it's one of my absolute favourite musicals), I was so excited to hear that it was coming back to Toronto, and that Inglot was launching a collection dedicated to it. And I thought of no one better to bring to the media launch event than my mom, who is an even bigger fan of the musical than I am.

I was also excited to check out Inglot itself, as I've never been inside since it opened its only Canadian location less than a year ago. Its prime location in Dundas Square and big windows give the store a bright and open vibe, which is perfect for a makeup store. We were able to browse and test Inglot's regular lines as well as the Mamma Mia! line, and we even got our makeup done by some makeup artists who work at the store.

(The eye station)

(Every nail polish colour you can imagine)


(A photo by the lovely Ahya Kamal)


(Mommy and I all made up!)

My two favourite items from the collection, which included everything from iridescent lip gloss to false blue lashes, were the lipstick colours and sparkly blue nail polishes. Not that I could probably ever pull off purple and blue lipstick, I still absolutely love the colours, and some of the other attendees had them on and the colours are absolutely stunning on as well. As for the polish, the story of Mamma Mia! takes place on a Greek Island, and nothing says Greece to me more than blue, so I thought they were really cute. Perfect for your toes for the summer, or if all sparkly nails is too much for you, do your nails a solid blue or white and then put the sparkly colour on your ring fingers!





Don't miss your chance to see Mamma Mia! this weekend before it ends on Sunday May 10, at the Princess of Wales Theatre. I promise you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment