Wednesday, June 3, 2015

currently coveting


From left:
H&M; Darling; New Look; Maurices; Chloe

Maybe it's because of my height (5 feet on the dot), or because I know they're not very practical for work (they're not very easy to move around in, especially in a very fast paced, physically demanding environment) but I never really pay much attention to maxi dresses. That is, with the intent of buying them. I always admire them, and even put outfits together in my mind for them, but I know I'll never really bring myself to buy one because it's just not very practical for me right now.

Coveted Item: Maxi Dress
From: She Inside

Maxi dresses have been a summer wardrobe staple for many for years now since they're super easy to wear and very versatile, so needless to say I always want one, even if I don't end up getting one. If you choose the right one, it can be worn for day or night, dressy or casual occasions, and accessorized in many different ways. Maxi dresses also come in tons of different styles; v-neck, low back, spaghetti straps, side cutouts. Just remember that the more detail your maxi has, the less versatile it becomes. But don't let that stop you from looking absolutely fabulous in your dress!

If you're looking to invest in a maxi you can take absolutely anywhere, I would definitely go with black. Black is many people's go-to colour, but other wear-anywhere/anytime classic colours include white and navy. And especially a dress in chiffon or similar material, the possibilities for outfits are endless. For a day of brunch and shopping with girlfriends, go for a beachy chic look with a big sun hat and espadrilles. Tip: add a brown braided belt to lend this outfit a more nautical look!


Hat: M & Co
Necklace: Jennifer Zeuner
Bracelet: Lucky Brand
Bag: Chloe
Sandals: Calypso St. Barth

You can also accessorize completely differently for a daytime event or evening dinner. A statement necklace incorporating summer colours, and a slim heel in a beautiful coral will look perfect. I kept the rest of the accessories black and simple for this outfit, so as not to take away from the necklace and shoes. You can also do all black accessories, or even add in a little bit of white (shoes and clutch) for a dressier occasion, like a wedding.


Necklace: Zaful
Bracelet: Berricle
Ring: Miss Selfridge
Bag: Michael Kors
Heels: LuLu's

How are you wearing your maxi this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment