Monday, July 6, 2015

weekend highlights


This weekend was one of the most eventful and fun weekends I've had in a very long while. I usually don't do much on weekends other than work and see a movie every once in a while, but this weekend was so amazing.

Friday morning I woke up and since my sister and I both had the whole day off work, we decided we wanted to do something fun and different. For years we've also been talking about how badly we want to take a road trip, so we decided to start off small and drive to Niagara Falls for the day. We got ready, packed a bag, stopped for some snacks, and we were on our way.

It was such a beautiful day spent being such tourists; going to the Falls, riding the Sky Wheel, getting soft serve ice cream and soft pretzels, and getting a souvenir of our first (mini) road trip. Clifton Hill is a great place to go if you're visiting, as there's so much to do on it (there's the Sky Wheel, wax museums, haunted houses, bowling, mini golf, and tons more tourist attractions), and at the bottom of the hill is the Falls. Also around Clifton Hill are really pretty stone buildings and gardens, where my sister and I took some pictures (below).







(The Sky Wheel on Clifton Hill)


Unfortunately I had to work Saturday, but afterwards some of us went out to celebrate a girl from work's birthday. We headed down to the Harbour Front and Queen's Quey for dinner, and although the wait for a table at the planned restaurant was too long, we still got to walk around the harbour a bit and see what there was to do around there. I am definitely making a point to go back there this summer and see all the beautiful sites and maybe eat on a patio. We then headed to a restaurant with a much shorter wait time and then to a bar to go dancing. It was so much fun, sometimes you just need a girls night!




Sunday the weather was beautiful and I'm so happy I was fortunate enough to have the day off. During the day my mom and I headed to the country club for lunch and to sit by the pool and it was the perfect relaxing day (and I actually got a bit of a tan that I'm definitely not complaining about). My best friend was in town for the week (you may recall my post from last summer when I went to visit her in Michigan; she now lives in New Orleans and she and her boyfriend came to visit), so in the evening I met up with the two of them for a bit before they left this morning. I'm so happy I got to spend some time with her on her short visit and I hope I get to see her again soon!

Hope you all had a great weekend too, I'm definitely ready for the week ahead now!

No comments:

Post a Comment