Friday, August 7, 2015

toronto island


Last week my sister and I took a little trip over to Toronto Island via ferry just to spend some time outdoors, away from the busyness of the city. Little did we know there was going to be a heat wave that day (I rarely check the temperature before I leave the house in the summer; all I know is it's hot and sunny and therefore I'm wearing shorts and skirts), and although we were a bit dehydrated and almost got heat stroke, it was still such a fun day spent with each other and revisiting the place we used to go to so often as little kids.

We didn't go to the Island with the intention of doing a photoshoot, but I know that when my sister brings her camera anywhere, there will definitely be some gorgeous photos taken, especially of me (I am her muse, after all). As I said it was so hot that day, but neither of us brought a bathing suit to go swimming, so we decided our only option was to run through the sprinklers in order to cool off. And it definitely did the trick!






Top: H&M
Skirt: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Joe Fresh
Bracelet: Pandora

Part two of this post is about my sister, Elana, who over the last year or so has become quite the photographer and filmmaker. She always had a passion for cameras and shooting in high school (for everyone's birthday and anniversary present in our family, we made them little videos and movies), but since starting film school two years ago, she has become even more amazing behind a camera.

You may have seen my Instagram photo the other day and how I mentioned how she is my personal photographer and always takes such amazing pictures of me, as well as just in general. Elana takes every single photo for my blog, for outfit posts as well as a lot of weekend highlights recently (see photos from Elora here). She always has her camera on hand in case inspiration strikes or she sees something that she can turn into a beautiful picture, and it really pays off. Follow her Instagram and blog for more amazing pictures, and here are some other photos she took on Toronto Island last week!




No comments:

Post a Comment