Thursday, August 27, 2015

pre fall palette


Working in a fashion retail setting has its ups and downs. Around March/April we start to receive Spring items, which get me so excited for the warmer weather to arrive and really inspire me. But in July/August we start to receive Fall items (sweaters, scarves, boots), and while Fall is one of my favourite seasons, it does get a little depressing since we're still in the midst of Summer. But of course there are always those transition items that you just can't resist, like this romper.

What first caught my eye was the colour and pattern. Still floral, but with more of an autumn feel than a tropical summer one. I thought, "this is a piece I could definitely wear now, but still well into September (and maybe even October), by adding a pair of tights and a sweater". I decided to dress it up for night time for this time of year, with white heeled sandals (what's more summery than that?) and very simple accessories, because the romper itself is very busy. Now that the weather is getting cooler, I'm beginning to make my peace with summer, and now I can't wait to style this baby up for fall!






Romper: H&M
Clutch: Coach
Earrings: H&M
Heels: Call It Spring

What are your favourite colours and patterns to wear at the end of August?

No comments:

Post a Comment