Saturday, August 1, 2015

simple fringe


As I've said before I'm not the biggest fan of the 70's look that has been quite literally everywhere this spring and summer (mostly because I can't pull off most of those looks). But, as I've also said before, this summer I really started getting into some simple boho looks that aren't too over the top, and really loving it. I've now gotten used to the flowy dresses, long bohemian necklaces, and sandals, but still the fringe trend is something I'm having a little trouble getting on board with. I'm a simple girl with simple style, and therefore I'm always looking at how to make the crazy trends more my speed and wearable for me.

What I find helps tone down the look of the fringe is simple pieces, in neutral colours, and with minimal fringe. So instead of a bright red boot with fringe all down the back, opt for a black sandal with fringe (shown below). And instead of a suede jacket with fringe all down the sleeves and hem, go for a light kimono with fringe just on the hem. And of course limiting your look to one fringe piece in an outfit is a good rule if you like to keep it simple just like me.


1. Keep
2. Navabi
3. Dress In
4. Chloe
5. Forever 21
6. BCBG
7. Rebecca Minkoff
8. Windsor


Keep your fringe casual for an end of summer festival or beach party, by pairing it with denim shorts and gladiator sandals. Or, lose the headband and sunnies for a day of downtown shopping with girlfriends. 


Top: Dress In
Shorts: Topshop
Necklace: Charlotte Russe
Headband: Charlotte Russe
Bracelets: Zeeberry
Sunglasses: Wildfox
Bag: Yonger
Sandals: Gianvito Rossi

Or choose to dress up your fringe with this super chic bone coloured skirt. Normally I would go for black accents with such a light, neutral skirt, but it's summer and the outfit just looks so chic with more light neutrals, so I opted to keep this outfit dark colour-free.


Top: Narciso Rodriguez
Skirt: BCBG
Necklace: New Look
Clutch: Accessorize
Heels: Aquazzura
Lipstick: Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector


One thing I love about fringe is that it's been a serious mainstream trend for about a year now, meaning you can find pieces in this trend for all seasons of the year. This cardigan could be thrown on on a summer night at the cottage when it gets a little chilly, but could also be put with boots and a scarf when the temperature starts to drop in the fall.


Dress: H&M
Cardigan: Navabi
Necklace: Genuine People
Scarf: Indigo
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff
Boots: The Iconic

No comments:

Post a Comment