Thursday, September 17, 2015

autumn wish list


It's that time of year again, my favourite season and favourite season of fashion. And let's face it, while Autumn doesn't officially start until next week, we've all been expanding our fall wardrobes and even taking some items out for a spin already. So I can't help but get super excited for fall and all the fashion that it has to offer. That's why I've compiled a list of what I believe every woman should have in her fall wardrobe; some items I already own while some I'm still on the hunt for!


1. Floppy Hat (that goes with everything) H&M
Of course I have a black wool hat that I wear all throughout the cooler months, as I'm sure most of you do as well. But this season, I'm looking to branch out of my colour comfort zone and go for one in a different colour. I opted for a navy one with a black sash (the same one pictured here), and I think this colour combo will definitely go with pretty much anything I want to put it with. First of all, I'm going to try and wear more navy this season, as I think it's a great alternative to black and actually quite a gorgeous colour (if you told me three years ago that I would say that I would've never believed you), and it'll also go great with dark jeans. And with the black sash, let's just say I know I will still be wearing lots of black so that will tie in with that perfectly.

2. Denim Overalls Levi's
A great pair of these seem almost impossible for me to find (I've been trying all summer), because my torso is very short and so a lot of the pairs I find fit well in the legs, but the top part kind of sags and sits awkwardly. So I will continue my search into the season. Denim overalls are perfect for fall because of the denim aspect (one of my favourite materials to wear in autumn), and because they look super cute with a plaid flannel, turtleneck, and knit sweater.

3. Culottes Vivetta
Because of my height, it's very hard for me to find culottes that actually suit me and are the appropriate length. Even when I see a pair on a mannequin or model that look really short and I think "if they're that short on the really tall mannequin, then they must be regular length on me!", it still never ends up working out. So I am on a serious hunt to find a great pair, in a fall colour like brown or navy.

4. Fringe Skirt Alice + Olivia
Yes, this was on my spring wish list as well. And no, I never bought one. Luckily fringe skirts are still going strong, and therefore can be found almost everywhere, so hopefully I will actually be able to find one in time to wear it this fall/winter. While I was going for a light suede one back in the spring (it gave off a very boho, 70's vibe for the warm weather), now I would love a shorter, leather one that I can also wear with tights when it gets much colder out.

5. Loafers L.K. Bennett
For outfits or occasions when a short and simple piece of footwear would look best, I believe a pair of loafers are a must have. Not only are they everywhere this autumn, but in a classic and classically fall pattern like leopard, they are still a statement shoe, but in neutral colours that go with anything.

6. Romper River Island
While it still stays warm much into September (and by the way it's looking, into October as well), I also like pieces I can wear with tights once it starts to get cool. So a romper like this is perfect for that. The colour says "Fall" and the style will allow me to dress it up for nights out too.

7. Tall Boots Maison Margiela
I know over-the-knee boots are all the rage right now, but I'm sorry, I just can't see myself wearing something that will take up almost my entire leg, when I'm only 5 feet tall to begin with. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely plenty of taller people out there who can pull them off, no problem, they're just not for me. Last fall/winter all I wore were ankle boots, and boy did I miss wearing taller boots. So many outfits I wore I would say "this would actually look a lot better with some tall boots", but I just never ended up finding any I liked enough. This season, however, I'm hoping to change that.

8. Poncho Vitana
I have completely fallen in love with this poncho trend over the last few years, and each year I add another colour and pattern to my collection. This year I really love the ones that have a few different colours in them, but that are all neutrals, so that you can pair them with virtually anything.

9. Pink Bucket Bag Echo Clubhouse
You know how much I love pink (especially light pink), and am always so excited when it turns up in the trends for unexpected seasons (like winter and fall, when usually light pink is more of a spring colour). I have also finally given into the bucket bag trend; I've been looking for one in the perfect size, shape, and material, and finally bought my first one in black just a few weeks ago, and have been wearing it to death. So I'm very happy that this trend is not going anywhere this season. I think pink bucket bags, in particular, are so adorable and versatile and I am on the search for one for this season. I love wearing light pink as a neutral, and this bag will definitely take me right back into summer.

What are the items on your fall wish list?

No comments:

Post a Comment