Thursday, December 10, 2015

holiday sweater


Last holiday season I made a post about the "ugly holiday sweater", and it seems the style has only gotten more traction since then. Not only do more stores and companies carry the sweaters, but I also see people wearing them in their everyday life, unironically, and not only for "ugly holiday sweater parties". This year I really wanted a holiday sweater, of the so-called ugly variety, but I wanted it to be something that was actually very cute and that I could wear throughout the month of December.

When we got this one in at work back in early November, I knew it would be my Holiday 2015 sweater. It's pretty much perfect in every way. It's holiday neutral which is very important to me, and no matter what holiday you celebrate, everyone loves presents! The colours in the sweater are vibrant and gorgeous, making it super easy to pair with any bottom or lipstick. You can wear it casually or dress it up for holiday parties, which you all know is something I really look for in a garment. The different textures in the sweater give it lots of interest, so even when I'm just wearing it with jeans and sneakers (like I did to work last week), it's still the focus and highlight of my outfit. For this look, I wanted to style something that would be perfect for a holiday party. The bright red pants, purse, and lipstick all go perfectly together, and are the perfect shade for the Holidays. They also go well with the sweater, but they let the sweater itself stand out at the same time.













Sweater: H&M
Pants: H&M
Earrings: Suzy Shier
Purse: JNB
Shoes: H&M
Lipstick: Hourglass in Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment