Wednesday, December 30, 2015

a year in outfits


Fashion is such a big part of my life, and living in Canada where you really feel four different seasons, allows me to express myself through fashion in all different kinds of weather. I love being a blogger; being able to find inspiration in fellow bloggers and throughout all facets of my life and the fashion industry, and being able to share my own personal style and thoughts through this platform. This year has been so different from past ones for me. I went through some changes and discoveries of myself and what I want to do in life and for a career; I started dating the most amazing boy; I really got a sense of who I was as a person, and my personal style definitely changed over these last 12 months. That's not to say that I have everything figured out 100% yet, but I am definitely many steps closer and I can't wait to keep discovering new things along the way. I thought since we are entering a new year, it would be fun to go back through some of my favourite outfits and shoots of 2015 and share them with you. Enjoy!




This was my favourite outfit I wore to Men's Fashion Week (TOM) last March. Before this year, I'd never really been into denim, and especially not for anything other than a super casual occasion. But around fashion week I'd been opening up more to denim, especially ripped denim, and decided I would put together a ripped denim look and dress it up a bit with an off-white flowy top and matching off-white blazer. I topped off the look with dark brown lipstick,  an oversized camel-coloured coat, and my favourite leopard pumps.



(Early Spring; March)

This was my first Spring outfit Elana and I shot, and this blazer is still one of my favourites. It has some of my favourite Spring colours (blue, pink, taupe) in quite muted tones so as while not to be too bright or overpowering. I liked the look of a jumpsuit, that is usually worn for dressier occasions, being dressed down for work when paired with a soft blazer and oxfords.




This outfit was for an event I attended with my mom in the Spring for Mamma Mia x Inglot. I love the pink on pink, and this is still one of my favourite necklaces, suitable for pretty much any season. I wore it a lot with this particular sleeveless top in the hotter months, and even lately I've been pairing it with heavier pink sweaters. Remembering that day, my mom and I had such a fun and relaxing girls' day, going to the event, getting our makeup done, and hanging around downtown.




If you read a lot of my Summer posts, you'll remember that I started getting really into the boho style, something I'd never really had a lot of interest in before. This was my first Summer outfit we shot, and it's still one of my favourites, and not just from the Summer. The background we chose was perfect, with so much green, and the right amount of brown and wood to make the shoot very summery and nature-esque. Plus the outfit was great for the season, with the all-white look and light and breezy blouse.



(Pre Fall Palette; August)

This was one of the more fun and going-out outfits we shot. I dressed up this romper for a night out, and loved the way it looked with the clutch and heels. I love the colour palette in this romper, as this past year I've found my love for monochromatic outfits and wearing different shades of the same colour in one look. This burgundy and pink were perfect for the end of summer, and the romper itself is so easy to wear.



(Apple Picking; October)

When I remember this day, it wasn't all about the shoot. It was about Elana and I spending quality sister time and doing a fall activity we've been trying to do for years. The day was so fun, and the outfit and pictures were just a bonus. This has remained one of my favourite scarves that I wore all through the Fall; it's the perfect warm tone and pattern for the season, and the size and blanket style are perfect for wrapping myself up in in cooler weather and for this shoot.




Not only one of my favourite outfits of the year, but also one of my favourite shoots to do. It was a little chilly I'll admit, but maybe it was because it was my birthday outfit that put me in a good mood, or it just happened to be on a good day (I find shooting outfits somewhat stressful at times), but this was one of the funnest shoots we've done. I was so excited when I first saw this skirt and knew i had to have it, as I'd been dying for a big a-line skirt forever. But as I mentioned in the actual post, I never got a chance to wear it for almost a year, until my birthday this past year. That was probably also one of the reasons I loved this outfit so much and felt like a princess while shooting it.



(Holiday Sweater; December)

The most perfect shoot to start the holiday season and end off the year. I knew as soon as I saw this sweater that it would be perfect for me for the holidays. It's fun and bright, and really just screams Holiday to me. I got so many compliments on it whenever I wore it this holiday season, that the memories I have of this sweater make it even that much more special.

Happy New Year, see you in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment