Thursday, January 7, 2016

2016


I am rarely this lucky, but New Year's Eve 2016, I was very fortunate to have a much needed day off. I worked everyday straight from Boxing Day until December 30th, and that was probably the busiest week at my store this whole year (including back to school). So when the 31st finally came, I was so happy to just relax and spend some time with the fam.

During the day, Elana and I headed to Mill Pond where they had a beautiful gazebo that we thought would be the perfect background for this glitzy New Year's Eve outfit. I basically froze my butt off, and after a while of switching between shooting and running back to the car for a few minutes to defrost, we stopped for a hot coffee and lunch, and then headed home to watch movies until it was time to get ready for the evening. Phil and I went for a late dinner, then back to his place to watch more movies. It was a very simple and relaxed night, but I've been waiting a whole year to spend New Year's with him, so I couldn't be happier. (Last year I was on vacation and didn't even get to speak to him when it turned into 2015)

Even though we weren't doing anything too extravagant, it was New Year's after all, so I decided to go a bit glitzy with a sequin top, but kept it simple on the bottom with a pair of leather leggings. I wanted a lip colour that would pop against my silver and black outfit so I went with my favourite purple lipstick, and I think it was the perfect choice. All in all it was a great night, and I couldn't have asked for a better way to ring in the new year. I can't wait to get 2016 started!










Top: H&M
Leggings: H&M
Coat: Old Navy
Bracelet: Pandora
Clutch: Urban Outfitters
Pumps: Fioni
Lipstick: Mac in Violetta

No comments:

Post a Comment