Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Plaid and Simple


I know everyone is just dying for another fall fashion post (you can never have too many). Today I want to talk about plaid, since it's a new love for me. People have been wearing plaid for ages, and it changes every season. I used to own some plaid shirts back in high school, when I just wore them casually with a T underneath and some leggings. But since it's everywhere this fall, I've been seeing it almost everyday in malls, on the street, and on blogs.



The thing I love about the current plaid being shown is that it takes a predominantly masculine pattern (it's generally shown in oversized button-ups with very little shape), and has made it sultry and feminine. By tapering plaid trousers or shortening a traditional office skirt, designers and retailers are feminizing plaid. I also believe that if you take a plaid print in a sheer or silky fabric, instead of flannel or cotton, it'll become more sultry. That being said, I still love to cozy up on a cold winter day in a flannel plaid shirt and sweats.






All of the pictures on this post are from Zara (all taken from their website), since I am absolutely in love with their plaid items for this fall, and that store really sticks out to me when I think about plaid (at least recently). I particularly love these plaid suits; you would think that a plaid blazer with matching pants or skirt would be overkill (or at least make you look like an old man), but Zara definitely got it right. The tailored fit combined with the colour lends a sexy look to the outfit.



And what could be sexier and more feminine than a lingerie-inspired dress? (I also loved that they styled it with a black turtle-neck to make the look perfect for fall.) Or shorts? Or perhaps a sheer blouse with a thin cami underneath?



The shape of these trousers is what really pulls me in. Aside from the colour, which I love (an essential for any fall season), I like how these just sit so nicely over the curves and on the leg. The fact that they get a bit slimmer closer to the bottom, and that they're a bit above the ankle just makes me wish they came in a hundred different colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment