Monday, November 4, 2013

Toronto Fashion Week


I’m so lucky to be living in Toronto; it’s one of my favourite cities with always so much going on, you’ll never be bored or out of ideas. I’m also lucky that Toronto is the location of World Mastercard Fashion Week, and that I was able to go see a few shows this year. My life has been crazy these past few months (which is also the reason I haven’t posted in a long while), with school, work, and my internship. So it was a nice little break to sit back and be able to watch some great fashion shows.

I wish I could’ve been fortunate to be down at the tents more than one day during fashion week, but I was only able to attend the Caitlin Power and Rudsak shows on Thursday night.

Caitlin Power

The feel I got from Caitlin Power’s S/S 2014 collection was very businesswoman-esque; tailored and geometric. However, the not-too-long skirts and deep Vs kept the collection flirty and feminine too. The colours Caitlin mostly used were black and white, but the colours she wanted to show off for spring and summer of 2014 were definitely red and chartreuse (more green as opposed to yellow, though).



These were some of my favourite looks from Caitlin. Pictures from photographer Michael Ho.

 

 

 





















Rudsak
If camo was the trend for fall, Rudsak’s trend for S/S 14 was snakeskin. There were a lot of neutrals and earth tones, which is great for spring, when nature is making its debut for the year. There was also a lot of leather, and I’m really glad to see it’ll follow through from fall to spring. White is one of my favourite trends and colours for spring and summer, since I don’t get to wear too much of it in the fall and winter (I’m not one to follow the “don’t wear white after labour day” rule, but living in the great white north, my winter whites tend to get ruined and salt-stained). I was glad to see some all white outfits and lots of white bottoms (pants, shorts, skirts).


These are some of my favourite looks from the Rudsak show. Pictures also from Michael Ho.


 

 

 

 

What were your favourite shows from Toronto fashion week? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment