Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Jumpstart

Over the last few weeks at school we've had guest speakers come and talk to our class about what it's like to work in the fashion industry, which obviously got me worried and anxious about my future. So, taking their advice, I've been putting myself out there more and doing things to further my "career" (I only put the word in quotations because I don't really have one yet).

After hearing plenty of people talk about their "book" or "portfolio", I realized I should probably get started on my own, since it currently is non-existent. Not just that I don't have a physical book to show people, but that I don't even really have anything to put in it. So when my aunt approached me a few weeks ago asking me to help her find something to wear to an event at the end of the month, I thought it was the perfect chance. We are going shopping later today, and I'm sure she'll let me snap a few shots of her in her outfit for my portfolio. (PS. I went out and bought a book today and I can't wait to start filling it with photos!)


Book from Michael's

I recently created a logo (below) and Facebook page for my blog, so that I can hopefully get a wider audience reach, since not a lot of my Facebook friends actually know about my blog. You can find the page by clicking the Facebook button at the top of my blog. I'm also going to an agency next week to talk to them about assisting a stylist they represent (which is actually the reason I bought the book; I need to have something to show them!).


I feel a bit better about my future at the moment, knowing that I've at least got some plans to start putting myself out there and start creating relationships. More posts to come soon! PS. Can you tell that I love purple yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment