Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekend Highlights

If you remember my post from a few weeks ago, this weekend I attended the annual Spark Sessions fashion and beauty blogger conference in downtown Toronto. I won't go into much detail about the conference today, as I will be posting about the details in a separate post later in the week, but I will quickly say that it was such a great experience to hear all the amazing panelists and speakers, and to meet a ton of fellow bloggers.


For day 1, I decided on a casual chic outfit of a grey cowl neck sweater, faux leather leggings, and a cozy vest. I added an off-white blazer for extra warmth.



Sweater: Old Navy
Blazer: H&M
Vest: H&M
Sunglasses: Joe Fresh
Coat: Old Navy
Scarf: H&M
Boots: Old Navy

On Saturday the conference ended around 3pm, and then I headed back uptown for an early family dinner at my Grandparents' house. When I transition from a day to night outfit, I usually like to keep one or two pieces of my outfit the same, and my colour scheme, since it feels more transitional to me (obviously there are exceptions, and I do often change my whole outfit). So for the night, I decided to keep my sweater on, but instead of the leggings opted for ripped black jeans. And instead of the blazer and vest I put on a leather jacket, to give the look an edgier feel.




Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters
Jacket: Dynamite
Heels: Nine West
Bag: Aldo

Spark Sessions was over the course of the whole weekend, so for Sunday's outfit I went for a layered look, utilizing denim and leather, and added a light blue statement necklace on the denim shirt. Lately I've been loving monochromatic looks, using slightly different shades of the colour. It still makes the outfit look chic, but also adds some interest into it.


Shirt: H&M
Dress: Zara
Necklace: Aldo
Boots: H&M
Bracelet: Pandora

And here are just some more cute pictures from the conference. Enjoy!


(Some cute desserts they had for us; This was such a lovely cookie!)


(The Benefit Cosmetics booth)


(Some Christmas themed centrepieces for the tables, to get everyone into the holiday spirit)


(Exchanging business cards with the girls at my table on day 1)


(Some beautifully tinted macarons at one of the sponsor booths)

No comments:

Post a Comment