Friday, November 14, 2014

Fashion Week Highlights

Last week I made a post for My City Gossip about fashion week highlights. Today I am bringing this article to you, but I would also like to add in a few of my own highlights, that were special to me. You can find a link to the My City Gossip article at the bottom of this post.

First, there were two surprise appearances (at least they were surprises to me) in the Christopher Batest show and the Huntress show. I mentioned them in my show reviews but I wanted to mention it again. Greg Bryk walked in the Christopher Bates show, who is on the show Bitten. It's filmed in Toronto and it's about werewolves, and of course being a sci fi/fantasy geek I watch it, so I was so excited to see him come down the runway. Gina Torres who is one of my favourite actresses, is in Suits and also Firefly and Serenity (again, super sci fi geek stuff). I've actually had the pleasure of meeting her before, but seeing her walk in the Huntress show was truly amazing. She looked absolutely perfect in the gold dress and Huntress jewels.



Another Highlight for me was getting to go backstage and hang out in the Maybeline lounge! They had lots of goodies for us, like pink sparkly doughnuts, boxed water, and of course cosmetics. I grabbed an Essie polish in Cocktails and Coconuts, and a Maybeline lipstick in Espresso. It was also nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the main tents for a while and just chill out with some friends.



Here is a link to my Fashion Week Highlights article for My City Gossip that include a few more highlights! Here's just another picture from the tents I wanted to include in the post, so you can click them to get to the article too!


(All photos are my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment