Wednesday, November 5, 2014

WMCFW: Day 2 Review


For my Day 2 and 5 reviews for fashion week, I'm only going to go through the shows that were my favourite of the day since there were so many. So here we go!


The second show of the day was Narces, who had some really gorgeous dresses that honestly had some of the nicest Spring colours of the week. A lot of the colours used in the Narces show were also used in other shows (I mean come on, there are only so many Spring colours), but just the way the designer, Nikki Wirthenshohn used these colours was so beautiful. The collection was inspired by birdcages of the Victorian age, when they had become their most intricate.



(All photos from here)

The next event was the Minnie Mouse presentation, which celebrated Minnie Mouse as a fashion icon. This was probably the most exciting event for me of the week, since Minnie has been such a big part of my life from such a young age, as a fashion icon and an icon in general. I will go more in depth about the event in an article I will post later in the week that I did for My City Gossip, about highlights of the week. But I will share some of my own pictures from the event with you now!



(My three favourite Minnie-inspired designs by designers Vaiken, Beaufille, and Sid Neigum, respectively)


(Samantha and Caili Beckerman, the hostesses of the event)

(The guest of honour!)

(The winner of the design challenge, Sid Neigum)

Later in the day it was time for Mélissa Nepton, who had a very easy breezy feel to her show. There was lots of whites (but also ivory and black) and sheer panelling, and most of the looks were finished with a pair of sneakers (if not, a pair of comfy looking sandals). There were also a lot of deep V's (as was the case with a lot of other shows), and I am so excited to be seeing this trend come Spring.



(All photos from here)

And what a show to close the day than Target. Now, I hadn't been to the Target show last Spring fashion week, but I knew that while everyone else was showing their Spring collections, Target took a leap and made a Christmas themed show, which they did again this year. They showed fall/winter pieces, ending with gorgeous holiday party-worthy looks, some of which are already in stores. It was a great way to get everyone into the holiday spirit and get them excited to shop at Target for their holiday needs. They also showed some things that aren't in stores yet, like some of the more cozy, middle of winter pieces, so there is also something to look forward to. Target used models of all shapes and sizes, and was the only show that had kids walking in the show (everyone clapped and cheered when they came down the runway, it was so cute!) and they looked like they were having so much fun (the whole show really had a peppy, fun vibe to it), and of course the adorable dog, Bullseye was there! This was just a really great way to end day 2!




(All photos from here)



(All photos are from me, unless otherwise indicated)

No comments:

Post a Comment