Monday, December 1, 2014

Blue Coat

If you've been perusing my Instagram over the past couple weeks, or have seen me out and about, you'll know I've recently become obsessed with this electric blue coat. I bought it about a month or so ago from Old Navy, when the weather was just starting to get really cool. I knew I wouldn't be able to wear it much longer, but I was too in love with the colour (super on trend, if you remember this post), and style. It turns out I have been able to wear it into the late fall (and early winter) by just severely layering under it. I'm not saying it's actually been keeping me all that warm, I'm just not ready to give it up just yet.

But last week in Toronto, after the (too) early snowfall we had, it actually got much warmer out for a few days, which is when I decided to photograph this outfit. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I love pairing boyfriend-style and sleek feminine pieces together, as I just find they create so much contrast and interest in an outfit. And that's exactly what I did here, by pairing my ripped boyfriend jeans and plaid shirt with the sleek blue coat and classic red pumps. Of course, I added in a red lip for extra effect. I also wanted to point out the fact that I'm wearing white jeans "after labour day", and that I am totally all for it, as long as you keep the rest of the outfit on trend and in season. So the white jeans paired with a plaid shirt and coat still looks great for fall!







Shirt: H&M
Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters
Coat: Old Navy
Sunglasses: Joe Fresh
Watch: Fossil
Bag: CoLab via Capezio
Shoes: Suzy Shier

Photographer: Elana Emer

No comments:

Post a Comment