Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Currently Coveting

No matter how much clothes you have, and all the different outfit options that come along with a big closet, there will always be that piece or two that you wish you owned and for some reason or another, don't.

Perhaps as a person in the fashion industry or as a fashion blogger I do this more than some. But even if it's an item that I wouldn't necessarily wear (either it's not my style, or it doesn't look good on me, or it's (way) out of my price range), it's still fun to covet things and imagine yourself wearing them. So I've decided to start a new segment called Currently Coveting where I'll share with you an item that I've been eyeing lately, along with a few different ways of styling it.

Coveted Item: Turtleneck Dress
From H&M

Working at H&M, I have been eyeing this turtleneck midi knitted dress for weeks now. I haven't bothered to try it on, because of my height I know it'll probably look awkward on me. But that doesn't stop me from imagining up outfits and looks with the dress that I could be pulling off if I did own it. I also wanted to tell you about this piece because it's such a good winter staple.With the turtleneck and length, it's perfect for cold weather, and the dark grey colour makes it so versatile.

For the first outfit I wanted a look that was super layered and rustic (if you remember my Western post from a while back, I'm just loving this style).


Poncho: Johnstons
Bracelet: Aldo
Shoes: Marni

For the second look I got inspiration from a previous outfit I did for My City Gossip for the Little Black Dress piece (the daytime look from this article). Because the above outfit was so casual I wanted to do a more sophisticated one. I like to think of this outfit as something a lady on the Upper East Side would wear to brunch. I loved the idea of a longer coat and boots with the dress, although this time I decided on short boots, since that's more my style.


Coat: Chicnova
Scarf: Weekday
Earrings: David Yurman
Boots: Nelly

I hope you enjoyed the first instalment of Currently Coveting as much as I enjoyed writing and creating it (I pretty much spend all my time making up outfits anyways, I thought I could at least share some of them with you!). Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment