Friday, November 13, 2015

outfit of the day


Since the weather is changing again, I thought it would be a perfect time for another Outfit Of The Day post, where I go through some of my Instagram ootd's from the past season. It isn't as cold as I would've thought it would be by November this year, which I'm glad for because it's allowing me to get more use out of my autumn wardrobe. Those few days the first week of November here in Toronto were amazing with that 20 degree weather, but it did give me that feeling of Spring time and I'm not quite ready for that, as I do want to enjoy the holiday season; the coziness, the snow, and hot chocolate in front of the fireplace.


This was my first cooler-weather outfit of the day that I posted. It was a Saturday night at the end of September, when the days were still sunny and warm, but the nights were starting to get cooler. My boyfriend and I were going to a play downtown, in an area I'd never really been, so I was having a hard time putting together my outfit. (If you're confused about the location and are wondering where the all grey stucco and concrete is of my usual ootd's, this was taken outside his house :P ) I find in times when you don't really know the dress code or are having trouble deciding whether you want to dress more up or down, go for a simple yet stylish ensemble (the knee length burgundy skirt and black sleeveless crop top), and let your accessories be the statement of the outfit, like I did here with my clutch. That way your outfit isn't overly dressy on its own, but the look as a whole definitely works for that in-between dressy occasion.

Top: H&M
Skirt: Jacob
Jacket: Dynamite
Clutch: H&M
Sandals: Forever 21


As you all probably know, burgundy is one of my favourite colours (it's in the purple family, so no surprise there), and especially in the fall, as it's such a classic colour for this time of year. This sweater is perfect for fall because of the colours and style, and I usually end up pairing it with basic jeans (usually black or navy) and my burgundy boots/bag to highlight the colour in the sweater. This outfit was perfect for a warm fall day running errands.

Sweater: H&M
Pants: Old Navy
Bag: Winners
Boots: Old Navy


I wore this outfit one of the first weeks of October, when the weather was starting to get much cooler during the days as well. I was spending the day mostly outside and wasn't quite ready to bring out a heavier jacket yet, so I decided a chunky knit and heavy vest would do the trick. I also had a scarf to wrap around me if the wind got too heavy, and it was perfect. I love the colour combo of olive green and black for the fall, and adding different textures to the mix just made this look even better. I simply love putting on a cozy turtleneck for the first time for the season; my outfits just get cozier from there!

Sweater: Old Navy
Vest: Forever 21
Pants: H&M
Boots: Shoe Company


Those of you who have been following my blog since at least this past summer, though I even mentioned it in my wish list for last fall, I have been dying for a fringe skirt. I finally found one in suede, and it is the perfect length and style to wear for any occasion. Here, I dressed it up for my Grandparents' 55th anniversary dinner, with a basic black t-shirt, an off-white blazer, and black heeled boots. But I could also wear it to work with a denim button down and flat boots. And even though it's suede, I totally see myself wearing it into the warmer weather, with a white t-shirt and sandals.

Top: H&M
Skirt: Forever 21
Blazer: H&M
Boots: H&M


No comments:

Post a Comment