Thursday, November 5, 2015

print mixing


Two of my favourite prints, plaid and leopard, are two very classic prints, and they also two very standard prints for Fall. One of my favourite styling tricks, and something that will up your style game so easily, is mixing prints. Especially when one is a neutral print like leopard, and the other is in such a soft, muted hue, like this olive green, mixing prints is so fun and easy.

You know how much I love midi skirts, so when I saw this gorgeous plaid skirt I knew it would be a great piece for the Fall. It's so light and the colour allows me to pair it almost any colour (you could even do a burgundy chunky knit sweater for another great fall colour palette). For this look I wanted to add some edge to the skirt, so I paired it with a black bustier and leather jacket. I felt a traditional leather jacket would've overpowered the skirt, so I opted for this collarless one that fits with both the bustier and skirt, and pulls this look together so seamlessly.











Bustier: Dynamite
Skirt: Old Navy
Jacket: Dynamite
Necklace: H&M
Ring: H&M
Sunglasses: H&M
Purse: Tory Burch
Heels: Nine West

No comments:

Post a Comment