Friday, November 27, 2015

red lips, red doors


The end of October until right into November this year had pretty great weather in Toronto. Except for a few really cold days, there wasn't much wind and I was usually good with a chunky sweater and light coat. The longer I can wear layering pieces and light fall jackets (before bundling like crazy and having to throw on my parka before I leave the house), the happier I am, and the more ready I am to welcome the Holidays when the time finally does arrive.

Because of the warmer November weather and minimal wind, I've been able to cuff up my jeans often, which is a style I love and usually reserve for spring and summer. And along the lines of this style of exposing my ankles, I finally came across this perfect pair of culottes!. (Those following my blog since at least the spring will know I've been searching and searching for a pair!) They're not too flowy, nor too slim (so I can wear them with something cropped, tight, or oversized, like I did here), and the neutral colour is great to wear in either spring or fall. Adding a leather jacket made for the perfect mixture of texture in this outfit, and topping off the look with a burgundy lip made the warm tones all come together. And as a plus, we found the perfect little block of town houses with gorgeous burgundy doors that matched my lipstick to shoot in front of! I don't know how much longer I'll be able to get away with just a leather jacket and culottes, but I've been having fun playing with lots of fun fall fabrics and colours.














Turtleneck: Old Navy
Culottes: Forever 21
Jacket: Forever 21
Rings: H&M
Bag: Old Navy
Shoes: Aldo
Lipstick: Mac in Amorous

No comments:

Post a Comment