Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend Highlights

This past week was one of the most hectic weeks I've had in a while. I started my spring course for school (my last credit!) and also wrote my first post for Toronto City Gossip, a local online publication that brings you entertainment, fashion, food and more. I was so excited to begin writing for their Fashion section! So of course, because of my crazy busy week, I was hoping to catch a break on the weekend and just completely relax. But of course, that didn't happen. Not that I'm complaining though, because this weekend was filled with fun, family, and friends.

Friday night I got to catch up with some old friends, some of whom I haven't seen in a while, for a friend's birthday. Then Saturday night my grandfather took my family out for dinner for my mom's birthday (which if you recall was actually in April, but unfortunately he wasn't able to attend the dinner on her actual birthday). I wore black shorts and a blazer with bright blue accents.


Top: Forever 21
Blazer: H&M
Shorts: Dynamite
Necklace: H&M
Shoes: H&M
Clutch: H&M
Lipstick: Revlon Colour Stay in Backstage

Then of course Sunday was Mother's Day! We started off the day by going to the cemetery to visit my dad's mom, as we do every Mother's Day (as well as the Jewish high holidays). Then we had my mom's side of the family over for lunch, where we got to spend time with everyone, eat delicious food, and open presents.

My brother, sister, and I got my mom a little package from The Body Shop, that included a little loofa, shower gel, body scrub, soap, and lotion in the scent of Shea butter (yum!). The Body Shop also had these individual seaweed face masks, so we grabbed 3 for my mom, my sister and I to all do and spend some girl time together!



I decided to wear a light pink dress, an item I was able to successfully cross off my Spring Wish List. It was perfect for Mother's Day, partly because of the colour (so girly) and partly because the weather was so beautiful, I was finally able to wear a sleeveless dress!


Dress: H&M
Wedges: Aldo
Necklace: Sears

How was everyone's weekend? What did you do to celebrate Mother's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment