Monday, August 25, 2014

Denim Daze

Denim never goes out of style, but it definitely has its hot and cold periods. Like right now, it is definitely very, very hot, and it is my most recent obsession. Lately, denim has been my go-to for an outfit (and not just when I can't figure out what else to wear; I generally start out with jeans and build the outfit from there), because it is so classic and so versatile. And I'm not just talking pants. I'm talking literally any kind of garment and accessory can be made out of denim. And the beauty is, it can be worn for any occasion (though you may want to double check with the bride before wearing it to a wedding; nevertheless it is possible).


It comes in tons of silhouettes. The colour possibilities are endless: classic blue (then there's light blue, dark blue, medium blue), white, off-white, black, grey, and every colour of the rainbow and then some. There are different washes, and denim with a pattern, embellishment and appliqué on it.

One day you can be wearing a denim jacket with sweats, converse, and a tuque, and the next you can be wearing dark skinny jeans with stilettos, a tailored blazer, and red lipstick. I am also grateful that it can be worn for pretty much any season, as I'm nowhere near ready to give it up for fall. And there are also tons of different types of denim pieces: jackets, shirts, shoes, bags, the list goes on and on. Though I have put some of my favourite denim pieces into a collage below. Enjoy.



1. Bralette: Moto
2. Dress: H&M
3. Backpack: New Look
4. Skirt: Michael Kors
5. Overalls: Blackfive
6. Watch: American Apparel
7. Jacket: Forever New
8. Tie Top: Nic + Zoe
9. Bow: Etsy
10. D'Orsay Flats: Jenni Kayne

No comments:

Post a Comment