Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Long Weekend Highlights

In Canada, Monday was a Civic Holiday and so it was a long weekend. Well, it wasn't much of a long weekend for me, because I worked all day Saturday and Sunday, although I didn't end up minding since it ended up raining pretty hard those days. Monday I finally got a day off, and thankfully the weather was finally cooperating!

Our backyard is a pretty good size, and we have a little patio going on, but it's so empty and lame and not great for entertaining guests, or even just having a few people over (seriously we didn't even have a table or chairs). So this weekend my parents went out and ordered a small tables with chairs, and just for fun, a fire pit! So Sunday night we went for dinner with some family friends, and then invited them back to our place to roast marshmallows over our brand new fire pit.


I love being outside, especially on summer mornings when it feels like you don't need to have a care in the world because the moment can last forever (that is one of my happy places, just so you know), and I have been nagging my mom about getting even the smallest table and even just one chair, so that I can sit and eat breakfast or read a book outside this summer. So when they ordered the table set with not one, but four chairs, it's safe to say I did a little happy dance and was extremely pleased. Monday morning I was able to sit outside and do some work while having my morning coffee and some breakfast. It wasn't too sunny, which was fine because it allowed me to actually see my computer screen, but it was nice and warm which is just how i like it.


All summer I've been dying to go to the pool at the Richmond Hill Country Club, where my parents are members, but because I work a lot we haven't gotten a chance. So yesterday my mom and I finally went, and we were even able to get in some pool time before it clouded over and we just made it back to the car before getting rained on. Oh well! 


Hope you all a great (long) weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment