Friday, August 1, 2014

Oh So Nautical

This was one of the outfit shoots I did at the cottage a few weeks ago. I knew we had a beautiful dock to work with and that I would be able to take pictures right by the lake, and so I wanted to do something that fit in really well with water. And what better for that than a blue and white striped dress with splashed of red (and the life ring!)?

A few years ago when the nautical trend was really starting to make its way into fashion, I learned that a very effective way to pull off the trend was to pair blue and white striped pieces with hints of red or yellow. Those colours really do seem to look the best with stripes, and I have continued to keep that trick in mind even until now. I also heard that adding a brown braided belt with a nautical outfit is reminiscent of ropes on a sail boat, and so that is always a really good thing to add to an outfit like this as well. So for this nautical look I added splashes of red in my clutch and lipstick, and a brown belt and chunky heels. Enjoy! P.S. Can you tell this is one of my favourite purses? (I've now featured it in 3 outfits posts!)







Dress: H&M
Hat: Urban Heritage
Clutch: JNB via Marshall Rousso
Shoes: target
Lipstick: MAC Cockney

Photographer: Elana Emer


No comments:

Post a Comment