Friday, October 16, 2015

apple picking


When I say that October is a busy month for me, that's a huge understatement. It's my sister's and my birthdays, my boyfriend's birthday, and my Grandparents' anniversary (this year they're celebrating 55 years, so we're doing a big celebration). There's a convention for one of my favourite shows that I go to every Thanksgiving weekend, going out to celebrate birthdays with work people (which I spoke about last week here), and inventory at work. And of course, Halloween and Thanksgiving, the latter of which I celebrated for the first time this year with Phil. Add to all of that the fact that October is my favourite month and that I always want to do a million fall activities, but I always feel like the month goes by too fast and I never have time to do them.

So continuing from the summer, I'm trying to do as many activities as I can while the fall foliage is still beautiful and before it gets too cold out. And one of the activities on my fall list was apple picking, which I've tried to do for about two or three years now but never have the time. So I was so excited when Elana and I finally made time to go last Friday. There weren't too many kinds of apples left, but we got all the kinds we wanted (Creston, Red Delicious, Russet, and Golden Delicious), and we made sure to get enough for us to bake a pie. It was the first pie we've ever baked, and although it didn't turn out perfectly, it was so fun to do and did end up being pretty yummy (check out my Instagram photo of the in-process pie here).

We went to Chudleigh's in Halton Hills, which I haven't been to since I was probably about ten years old. I haven't been to any other apple farms, but I love Chudleigh's because they had a small hiking trail as well as a rope swing that Elana and I had so much fun playing on. I wanted to wear something very neutral so that all the fall foliage and gorgeous colours would stand out in pictures, and I thought a jersey cream turtleneck and cozy camel blanket scarf was the perfect combination. Although it wasn't a very sunny day (it was pretty chilly actually), we got some great pictures and had such a
great afternoon.


(First two pictures taken on my iPhone; the rest taken by Elana Emer)












Top: Joe Fresh
Jeans: Old Navy
Scarf: H&M
Ring: H&M
Boots: Topshop

What are some activities on your fall to do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment