Tuesday, October 27, 2015

halloween fashion


(Skeleton bracelet I got last Halloween, from Aldo Accessories)

[I usually post later in the week, but I wanted to post this Halloween fashion post earlier to help with ideas for last minute Halloween outfits or costumes.] Last year was probably the last year I dressed up for Halloween. Let's face it, when you're in your 20's, if you don't go to a club, bar, or party there isn't really a reason to. It makes me sad because not only do I love dressing up, but I also love getting into the Halloween spirit. It might be because October is my favourite month and Fall is my favourite season, but I just love the feel of Halloween. That's why I love the semi-new trend of Halloween-inspired clothing, and accessories, that have appeared on the fashion scene over the last little while.

You can still get into the Halloween spirit, without having to go all out, and while still wearing normal clothes (for example, if you have to look professional at work). The thing I love about the skeleton, pumpkin, and spider(web) designs is that they could be costumes, but are also just a general theme and trend of Halloween. So you could wear a piece with one (or more) of these themes as just a normal outfit during the day, or accessorize it and dress it up more for night and make it into a costume. This year my Halloween plans include having to work during the day, so I might actually put on a little something, like some ears like I did last year (see my Instagram picture here) or pick up a cool Halloween-inspired garment, and at night my boyfriend and I will be doing a Halloween movie marathon, which I can't wait for. Happy Halloween!


1. Crop top: Topshop
2. Clutch: Bernard Delettrez
3. Knee high socks: Five Below
4. T-shirt: Groupon
5. Earrings: Amazon
6. Dress: Boohoo
7. Choker: Topshop
8. Necklace: Amazon
9. Skirt: Etsy
10. Flats: ASOS
11. Earrings: Bluefly
12. Top: Etsy
13. T-shirt: Etsy

This outfit is great if you're going to a Halloween party where you don't necessarily need to dress up; it might be a party that's a bit more sophisticated that is only Halloween-themed as opposed to an actual costume party. Keep your outfit simple with a black or silver dress, and let the clutch be the statement piece of the outfit. Complete the look with a deep indigo lip to look more dark and mysterious.


Dress: Gianluca Capannolo
Necklace: Style Moi
Ring: Lord & Taylor
Clutch: Bernard Delettrez
Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Lipstick: Lipstick Queen in Bete Noir

I really love the "ugly Christmas sweater" trend (and I'm thankful that it's more of a style than a trend, so it won't be leaving anytime soon), and I also love that the style is making its way into more than just Christmas sweaters. This t-shirt is just too cute to pass up, especially if you don't really have anything planned for Halloween, but still want to join in on the theme and be stylish. These super ripped jeans go great with the shirt, as they remind me of a mummy costume, which is also perfect for this time of year! This outfit is great for a casual day out, and then snuggling up on the couch later to watch Halloween movies.


T-shirt: Groupon
Jeans: Soho Girl
Jacket: Linea Pelle
Scarf: Coach
Bag: Scout Mob
Loafers: Lord & Taylor

I like this outfit because you could wear the dress by itself with tights and a cozy sweater during the day, or the knee highs by themselves with a simple skirt or dress during the day as well. This would help with not going too overboard with a Halloween look for daytime, if you're just doing something random (like lunch or shopping; not anything Halloween related). But if you wear these two pieces together you're all set for a costume party or trick-or-treating at night.


Dress: Boohoo
Necklace: Crystal Ice
Knee high socks: Five Below
Bag: Prada
Boots: Proenza Schouler
Lipstick: NYX Macaron Pastel in Chambord

This look is very stylish and the most everyday kind of outfit. If you swap out the "spooky" skirt for a solid black one, you could wear this outfit any day of the year. It's cute for very laid back Halloween plans, or if you have totally non-Halloween related plans, but still want to add a small touch of it to your look. For example, if you have family brunch or have to work that day (my fellow retail associates will understand the struggle). The stripes and burgundy boots are still seasonally on trend, and the coat helps to make for a very cozy end-of-October look.


Top: J. Crew
Skirt: Etsy
Coat: Oasap
Bag: Mango
Boots: New Look
Lipstick: Anastasia Beverly Hills in Sarafine

What are your Halloween plans and costume this year?!

No comments:

Post a Comment