Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Shoes and the City

Since the launch date of Sarah Jessica Parker's shoe line at Nordstrom was last month (February 28), I thought I would do a Sex and the City tribute post. This show has influenced me so much over the years, since I first started watching it in grade 11, and rewatching all the seasons over and over again.

I get so much inspiration from Carrie, from relationships to fashion, that I can't believe I haven't already made a post about it. Carrie has always been spot-on, or ahead of the trends, so even though the last season of Sex and the City aired in 2004 (10 years ago?!?) and the latest movie came out in 2010, I will forever continue to look to the foursome for inspiration and advice.

Luckily, we haven't had to go without any new Carrie Bradshaw shenanigans, since the prequel The Carrie Diaries made it's way onto our televisions just a year ago (early 2013). As a fan of the books, I was so excited to hear that it was being made into a TV show, and even though it's not good old SJP, it still represents something that I've gone through my adolescent career loving (and still am into my 20s).

So here are just some pics I've found very inspiring over the years, from Sex and the City, and more recently from The Carrie Diaries.











(My Sex and the City poster in my room; apologies about the bad photography because you can see me in the bottom corner!)








Check out Sarah Jessica's Nordstrom collection here!

No comments:

Post a Comment