Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Grey Area

I've never really been the person to wear a lot of grey. I've just always loved black as a basic colour, as it's timeless and goes with pretty much anything. But lately, I've been seeing a lot of grey out there, whether on the street or the blogs. And I have to say, I'm really into it.

It's a great basic colour for warmer seasons like spring and summer, since it's not as harsh (or as hot) as black or navy (though I won't be putting away those colours for the season just yet). There's also so many different types of grey you can wear, that you can put it on everyday and no one would know you were wearing the same colour. There's salt and pepper, silver, metallic, and then there's light, medium, and dark grey. You can wear it patterned or graphic. There's greys with a blue, purple, or green tinge to it that give the look that something extra.

Here are some of my favourite grey pieces right now.
























Tip: If you love this trend but think too much grey will be too blah for you, try adding a bright statement piece like a necklace, belt, or bag to give the look a little twist!

4 comments:

  1. As someone who usually does not like to wear a lot of bright colours, but still likes to wear stylish clothes and keep up with trends, I think this would be great for my wardrobe. I like how you’ve incorporated a lot of different styles for people who like to keep it more conservative or are more out there with their clothing choices. Great idea and nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you think this trend would work for any season or do you think it’s more geared to summer so that people can keep cool and/or use bright coloured accessories?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice clothes! I am definitely see this around my office more and more. It looks great on women (and men) of all age groups, glad it’s not a “boring colour” anymore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the kind words! Cindy, as mentioned in my post I think it's great for summer because it's not as hot as black, but that's not to say you need to limit yourself to only wearing it in hotter months/seasons. You can definitely still rock this trend any time of the year, as grey is just that kind of colour. You can substitute a bright accessory (like a neon yellow necklace) for a more muted tone (like burgundy) in the fall and still look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete