Thursday, October 23, 2014

WMCFW: Day 1 Outfit

Obviously like any fashion-obsessed person, I had my outfits for fashion week picked out about a week before (well, a week before is when I finalized them; I'd been working on what I was going to wear probably since the beginning of the month), but if I learned one thing on the first day of fashion week it was that you can plan all you want but Mother Nature ultimately makes the choice of what you will wear. 


The plan was to wear a sheer white cross-over blouse with a heavy fur vest (I loved the contrast between the two, especially with the boyfriend jeans), but because it was so cold and rainy I had to add a little leather jacket under the vest and change from my open-toe black booties to these tan ones. But, as you can see, the outfit still turned out pretty cute and I was definitely warm enough in all my layers. The only complaint I have is that I had to lug around my big umbrella, and that we had to move this little photoshoot inside the house, where the lighting was definitely not as good as outside.



If you remember my Instagram of when my sister's friend did my hair with the wrap around braids, that day I knew I wanted her to do my hair like that again one day for fashion week. We figured we'd start the week off right and do it on the first day of shows. It also ended up working out that my hair as up since the rain and humidity would've made it frizzy. Anyways, here is my outfit from day 1 of Spring/Summer 2015 fashion week!









Blouse: H&M
Fur Vest: Zara
Jeans: Bluenotes
Bag: Old Navy
Boots: Old Navy
Ring: Topshop
Lipstick: Mac Cyber

No comments:

Post a Comment