Friday, January 30, 2015

PFW haute couture: elie saab


I wouldn't normally post about a fashion week that I didn't attend, in as much detail and sharing pictures, but I am just so in love with the Elie Saab Haute Couture S/S 2015 collection. Elie Saab is by far one of my favourite designers; whether it be his Ready To Wear or Haute Couture collections, I have never come across a collection where I wasn't in love with most or all of the pieces and looks.

And Elie Saab's Spring/Summer 2015 Haute Couture line is absolutely no exception. While this is not always (or may never be) a reason that one's favourite designer is in fact their favourite designer, what I really love about Elie Saab is that it is so completely, 100% "my style". While I definitely cannot afford (nor will I be able to anytime soon) either of his collections, and while I also might not wear his style of clothing on a daily basis, the Elie Saab style is just my favourite type of fashion to lust over, especially the gorgeous gowns and beautiful, feminine silhouettes.

I absolutely love the colour scheme of this Spring/Summer 2015 line, as it really captures some of my favourite palettes and shades for the seasons. My favourite is definitely the faded blue/grey colour (in the second set of pictures below), and with my new obsession with the colour blue (don't worry though, it's still not even close to how much I love purple), I can't wait to be wearing this gorgeous shade come Spring! While high fashion and Haute Couture are supposed to be somewhat of a fantasy, I still find Elie Saab's collections to be extremely wearable, even for the not-so-fashion-saavy, everyday woman. So take a look at my favourite pieces, and click the link at the bottom of this post to see even more looks!








All images from Wire Image

No comments:

Post a Comment