Monday, February 2, 2015

metallic shoes


One of the things I've been so obsessed with recently, whether it be looking at street style pictures or trying to find a pair for myself, is metallic shoes. If you are looking for a versatile, classic, and neutral piece of footwear, look no further.

Versatile, because you can dress up or down any metallic shoe. Classic, because they come in such timeless styles (like the pumps, loafers, and flats below). And neutral, because any colour metallic shoe (as you can see below, there are different colours and even shades of the same colour i.e. silver) will not clash with any colour you wear. Metallic itself is by every definition a neutral. And the shininess just adds the perfect touch of chic and style.


6. Hunter


Sweater: Raquel Allegra
Jeans: River Island
Coat: Choies
Bag: Auxiliary

I love the idea of keeping a whole outfit so light and the colours to a minimum. Especially because I almost always have some black in my outfit (if you recall me saying a while ago that I use that as a starting colour for pretty much all my outfits), I consider it such a feat, and an interesting outfit when I'm not wearing any black, and yet still feel comfortable. Even though the colour scheme of the outfit is very light, because of the gold and off-white colours used, it's still very winter appropriate. But the even better thing is that you can still wear this whole outfit right into warmer weather. 


Dress: US Trendy
Blazer: H&M
Necklace: Guess
Bracelet: J. Crew
Clutch: Burberry

What colour metallic shoe are you coveting this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment