Monday, June 16, 2014

Tropical Prints: Flowers

I feel like florals are a very obvious trend for spring (cue The Devil Wears Prada quote), and so I wasn't really planning on making a post about the floral trend. That is not to say that I don't love florals, that I don't wear them, or that I think they should stop showing them for spring (because that is not the case at all). But a fairly new trend we've been seeing is not just a floral pattern, but a tropical floral pattern. And that is something I can definitely get behind and make a post about.



Probably one of my favourite things about tropical floral print is the use of bold colours, like turquoise, pink, and yellow. Another thing I love about it is that the flowers are usually abstract, with other shapes in the print (like lines and squiggles), and that just adds to the uniqueness and beauty of the item, because every one is so different.


1. Skirt: Rebecca Minkoff
2. Scarf: Vince Camuto
3. Jumpsuit: Topshop
4. Bikini Set: Pink
5. Dress: Precis
6. Knapsack: Herschel
7. Top: Zara

No comments:

Post a Comment