Monday, June 9, 2014

Mauve Over

One of spring's most popular colour trends for this year is shades of purple, specifically lavender. When I first heard this I was ecstatic, because purple is my favourite colour (as I'm sure you could tell from my blog). I don't necessarily wear a lot of purple (it's not one of the colours that looks the best on me), but it being a colour trend means that I will be able to see it pretty much everywhere and gaze upon its magnificence, which is something I enjoy.


The amazing thing about purple is that is looks good with literally almost any other colour. So you can add accessories or jewelry in another colour if you want to keep your outfit simple (like the pink bag above), or you can colour block and pair your purple piece with another colour (my favourites are yellow, pink, and pastel blue). Here are some of my favourite purple pieces right now!


1. Skirt: Zara
2.  Shorts: Ragged Priest via Topshop
3. Watch: Timex Originals via Hudson's Bay
4. Swimsuit: Target
5. Necklace: Etsy
6. Heels: J. Crew 
7. Romper: Rare via Topshop
8. Bag: River Island via ASOS

Also, it seems the purple trend is making it's way into more than just clothing and accessories...

Nicole Richie

Demi Lovato

Kelly Osbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment