Thursday, February 26, 2015

oscars: best looks


Well, one of the most anticipated nights in Hollywood (in terms of awards and fashion) has come and gone. I was really excited for the Oscars this year, because unlike other years, I actually saw a lot of the movies that were nominated. I also fell in love with a lot of new faces (Felicity Jones, I'm looking at you) so it was also really exciting to see them off-screen! And I especially love me some Neil Patrick Harris.

If you recall from my last year's Oscar post, some of my favourite red carpet looks were gowns in a nude, light pink, or white (or off-white) colour, and I have to say the case is the same this year. I have to say, without a doubt, my absolute favourite look from this year was Marion Cotillard, with a close second being Felicity Jones.

Marion Cotillard: Dior Couture

Felicity Jones: Alexander McQueen

Again, I have divided my favourite looks into categories, although different ones than I used for the Grammys. And while those categories definitely work for any awards show or red carpet event, I felt this is an easier way to divide them, since the Oscars are generally more dressy (not a lot of menswear looks, etc.). First, we have the colourful gowns.

America Ferrera: Jenny Packham

Solange Knowles: Christian Siriano

Emma Stone: Elie Saab

Giuliana Rancic: Mellie Dagher

Then, we have the darker ones.

Jamie Chung: Yanina

Kelly Ripa: Christian Siriano

And then, my favourite category, the nudes and light colours.

Zoe Saldana: Atelier Versace

Jennifer Lopez: Elie Saab

Anna Faris: Zuhair Murad

Viola Davis: Zac Posen

Chrissy Teigen: Zuhair Murad

What were your favourite looks from last weekend's Oscar red carpet?

No comments:

Post a Comment